March 10, 2010

Good communication is everything.

This week is a week where both work and home front isn't quite smooth going. Workwise, I don't want to mention much because it is utterly useless to waste my blog space for something beyond my control. However, from this week's experience, I do learn that with different people, we have to communicate in different way. Though we may think we are right, but due to the circumstances, and for sake of putting up with appearances, we might want to tone down and tackle the issue in a more subtle way.


At home, after the exams, things did not get more relax as I thought it would. for some reasons, Wen seems to get agitated more often and Hahn is noisier than usual. So, besides tackling their occasional bickers, we had to also tackle the Wen who is now getting all relaxed and to get her to work again needs to take more effort.
So, you see, the exams are over. And the kids are expecting a little relaxing time, and mummy too. Unfortunately, during the weekends, there was tonnes of homework. Imagine, 15 pages of Mathematic homework. There was some Mandarin writing, calligraphy etc.
After that, the tuition homework in the weekdays was quite tough too. So, that’s where the pressure was. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when I checked my girl’s bag, and found her Mathematics exam paper. The result was not good at all, considering the amount of effort. Anyhow, we wanted to know if it was her lack of effort to understand the questions and attempted the questions half-heartedly or the questions were beyond her capability. So, after some lecturing, we sent her to bed. Begin the worried freak, this morning, I told her some more stuffs, why she should try harder, that mummy will try to help her understand the problem questions. That is when she told me in a agitated manner, “ Don’t say already”. This is what always breaks my heart. So, she finds me naggy already. I told her a matter of factly, “ I will only stop telling you in 2 conditions. One, when you are already good and sensible enough. Two, when I am dead.”
After that, I told myself. This is a great challenge. It may not work overnight or in 2 months. But one day, she (they) will know my good intention for them, my sacrifices etc. I shall persevere and keep hoping that they will somehow improve. Maybe, my method of communication need to be changed. I need to find a more effective way to get the message across. I will not repeat if it will not work.
Whatever comes, whatever pressure, I have to manage better.

No comments: