March 13, 2010

Expectations and Love

Maybe the expectation I have for my kids are a bit too high. When I look back, I think I have been too good a girl to really enjoy my childhood. I tried to think my memories of the past, I can only see myself being the goody girl, always finishing my homework (so that I can read my favourite stoybooks), finishing my revision, getting good grades etc. I did remember playing hopscotch, teng-teng, zero point, galah etc though.
I think with that, subconsciously, I have high expectation for my kids, esp. my daughter. I need to learn to remember that each invidual is different, and for that Wen is one unique individual who has a very strong attitude.
And to that, since everyone leaves this world eventually, why not we try to make our life better. Let's try live life so that when it is that last moment of our lives, we can tell ourselves, that we do not have any regrets in life. I will like my love ones to remember me for my goods and not for the bitterness. And I shall persevere for myself and my family.

No comments: