October 10, 2008

World Apart!

Sometimes, when I look at my two kiddoes, they seem to be world apart, although they come from the same “factory”.

My daughter seem to be the more imaginative and creative one; she could make her own Barbie doll dresses with just a piece of cloth and some ribbons.
My son is the one who is able to follow thru lego instruction booklet and build the most complicated dinosaurs that a 5 year old can make. On the contrary, my daughter would build her self designed houses/animal because she thinks following the instruction is just too cumbersome.

That I would think would define my daughter to be a more “intuiting” child and my son to be a more “sensing” child. One like to imagine her own world, while the other like to stick to the rules.

When first introduced to strangers, my son will seem to be the shy one, but after a while, he is always the one who is able to lure new friends, (usually boys!) with his toy cars/transformers and they will be zooming and kabooming here and there. He can even play with his sister’s friends when they were over for a play session. On the other hand, though my daughter makes friends at school without any problems, but she takes time to warm up to people.

I cannot specifically place them, but I guess at one time or another, they just are more inclined to be introvert or extrovert, but not specifically one or another.

I am not sure if it is age or their personality. My son seem to be more a “feeling” person, more emotional and sensitive to another being. And of course he cries more often. And he likes my hugs and kisses too. For one, grandma trick him for one or two kisses and he always oblige. My daughter seem the more tough one. Even when she lost her beloved handbag last Sunday, she did sob a little but I was surprise, she was able to get over it in less than an hour. I guess Papa’s treat of McD worked. I guess maybe she is more the ”thinking” one.

So, there you go my little mar and venus. Though they seem world apart, the important thing is they are able to iron out their differences and as their parent, I should understand their different personality, and try to tailor my parenting style to suit them.


No comments: