August 7, 2010

It is all worth it!

I did something I have never done before today.
Couldn't sleep yesterday night, thinking about it.
When I woke up, I thought about how to put it, and sentences kept forming in my thoughts

Well, I counselled someone today (no names/ reference for confidentiality purpose). A couple has gone separate ways due to some differences, they have a son who is only 5 years old. The boy is very depressed and even have to see a physcologist. The girl coops herself up in her room, talking to no one.

I have to do something. Even if it means, I have to struggle with my broken Chinese. And after structuring my sentences again, I called the girl's house  and arranged a meeting. Surprsingly, her mother welcomed me. It felt good, and gave me the boost.

I talked to her in her room, and after an hour or a half. I told her many things  about couples suiting to each other's whims and habits. I also shared with her about other friends who fell out with each other and regretted after years. The words and sentences just came out of my mouth very smoothly. So much for the worry the night before, whether I will stumble on what I wanted to say. After much persuasion, she finally agreed to go for a marriage counselling session by more professional counsellors. We found this on the website http://www.omspiritual.com/

I hope this can help the young couple and they can get back together. Let's all pray for them.

1 comment:

cheimoy said...

A job well done. Kind soul !