June 21, 2010

Challenge at work

Next few weeks will be a great challenge for me. Eversince I embarked on this half day arrangement with the company I am working with, this is the first time, I am swarmed with so many deadlines, work demands.


Last two weeks was school holidays, so arrangements were pretty flexible since on days that I was busy, I could let the kids go to my parents'place. And it was a good time for the folks to spend some quality time with the kids. And I meant really quality time, coz the grandparents really dote on them and would bring them for a run at the park, play board games, shopping, eat yummy foods etc.


I also resorted to leaving the kids home for half days twice, by themselves, after much contemplation. I left them with detailed instructions, and timetable of activities to do. I would say, they managed quite well, and was more independent than I thought they would be. So, it is true kids do behave and become more responsible when we are not around. Perhaps, we should make them feel that they are in charge once in a while.


Next week, I will have to see to some arrangement with the childcare on temporary basis. Hopefully things work out. At work, I need to make some planning and ensure that things go as smoothly as possible. Though deadlines seem impossible at the onset, I am sure I will be able to get by with some planning. Well, there is no use fretting since work is still have to be done.

2 comments:

John said...

No worries, I stay by you. Kids are easy to adapt diff environment. At this stage, focus on works first.

sohls said...

Thanks, it is great to know you always support what I do!